Music Together® classes include songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, and instrument play. These activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences--developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers--regardless of their own musical ability.
2017-2018 CLASS OFFERINGS
Mixed Age family classes include songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, and instrument play. These activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences--developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers--regardless of their own musical ability.
Mixed Age Classes are for children 5 years and younger and their parents/caregivers.
Mixed Age Class Package:
Visit the "Our Classes" or registration page for current tuition rates. Tuition includes:
* The ten semester classes (Fall, Winter, Spring) or six semester classes (Summer)
* One artfully crafted Family Songbook to enhance at-home music play,
* One beautifully arranged CD of the semester's song collection to enjoy at home or on-the-go, and
* Access to the Family Music Zone on the Music Together National Site (which features access to digital downloads of semester song collections)
Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your preschool or elementary age child! Each week, participants will sing, dance, and play rhythm instruments and music-based games.
One of the hallmarks of the program is the inclusion of beginning drumming techniques, traditional drumming patterns, and building improvisation skills on drums and other rhythm instruments. As children participate in these developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, they gain confidence, take charge leading others, and strengthen their musical creativity.
Rhythm Kids Level 1: ages 4-5*
Rhythm Kids Level 2: ages 5-8
*If you have a child who is a little older or younger than this age range and you are interested in starting in Level 1, contact us for a consultation.
Rhythm Kids Class Package:
See our class schedule and registration page for current tuition rates. Tuition includes:
* Weekly, 45-minute classes,
* Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs of the semester's collection, and
* Access to online drum-play videos and other online material
Music Together Online is a package of online music experiences and resources that creates a comprehensive music learning program with the same high quality you're used to with the Music Together program. I know- it sounds strange, but stick with us and keep reading! And, please be sure to read the section below about screen time and adult involvement . . .
Music Together Online participants will have access to these experiences:
- A full 8-week class session - just online instead! Our teachers (Heather and Kristin) will hold live, 20-25 minute virtual classes. As a spring participant, you will be allowed to sign up to participate in two sessions each week. Basically, it means you'll still get your weekly 45-minute class experience, but in smaller doses to help better fit into your daily screen time allotments.
- The NEW Triangle and Jaguar Song Collections! Families will get a digital download code and the promise of getting your physical materials as soon as it is deemed safe. We know that having the Music Together music as well as the songbook at home is one of the hallmarks of our program, but until it's safe to meet in person again, the download code will give you the music as well as a digital copy of the songbook.
- Access to our SUPER SECRET Spring Semester Facebook Group! This will be a moderated group, and access will only be given to people who join us for the spring Triangle online session. In this private group, we’ll post a variety of content, such as:
- Facebook Live Pop-Up Events (i.e. singalong story time, mid-afternoon dance parties, and other fun Maracas-themed ideas),
- Musical craft ideas (get help making your own instruments!),
- Parent Education check-ins (to offer support as you make it through each week),
- "Homemade" videos from our registered families, to share their music-making stories from home (if you wish!)
- An exclusive invite to our Virtual Dance Party with special guest DJ Mark!
- Bonus Video Content, including personalized singing telegrams!
- Downloadable family resources! (coloring pages, musical games, etc)
The same music class you know and love, now...outdoors!
Enjoy some safe, physically-distanced musical fun with other families for weekly, 30-minute outdoor sessions.
For spring session, all outdoor classes will meet outside at THE PIANO PREPARATORY SCHOOL (41 Grange Hall Road, Beavercreek).
MT Online/Outdoor Package
This spring, families will have the change to enroll in a 4-week outdoor session as part of their semester online package. It's twice the musical fun in one semester!